Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Passion and You- Time Magazine person of the year

I just read the Time magazine "person of the year" online article. Very timely because builds on one of the topics of my previous entrance: Passion. Time hits the nail on its head when talking about the Web 2.0 growth and the social participation on the web these days they come back to passion. It is truth. Why is the consumer part of the web 2.0 that is exploding, and not the enterprise one (at least yet)? I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when you right your blog, or participate in second life or post your family video you do it for fun, you follow some kind of passion, you're not obliged to do it. How many of us do that at work? How many of us proactively participate, suggest, contribute in our working life? mmmm

That makes me think and revisit the past and I realize that for every person I've hired lately, I've always looked for individuals that are passionate about what they do. You can learn other things, but the level of dedication, interest and excelence that normally comes with passionate individuals, that's impossible to replicate.

Be passionate my friend!